Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Tue February 5, 2013
The Touring Musical 'Hair' Performs In Kansas City
Back in the 1960s, long hair, political protests and nudity on stage were all taboo subjects to appear in the theater, but that changed when the musical Hair debuted. Over 40 years later the musical is still provocative to audiences in a contemporary way.
The show is currently on tour and opens in Kansas City tonight at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and runs through Sunday. Music Director Lilli Wosk and Noah Plomgren, who plays Claude, join Brian Ellison to talk about life on tour and how this ground-breaking musical is still relevant to today's audiences.
For ticket prices and more information about the show, visit the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts website.