Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon February 21, 2005
By Steve Bell
Kansas City, MO – A house committee has approved a name change for SMSU to "Missouri State University." An MU journalism professor told the group Governor Blunt threatened to cut the MU System budget by up to $100 million if it opposed the name change.
Another Missouri bill would lower salaries for preschool teachers. The state teachers' association say many preschools will fail without the change.
A Kansas House committee approved a bill that would outlaw the Canadian drug reimportation plan Governor Sebelius signed the state up for.
Meanwhile, a Senate committee looked at a bill to eliminate racial profiling. Its sponsor is Kansas City's David Haley.
Boeing announced that Onex of Toronto will buy its Kansas and Oklahoma plants. Governor Sebelius and Senator Roberts call the sale an opportunity for job growth in Wichita.
A man believed to have pulled six similar robbers held up a customer waiting in a car at the US Bank drive-through facility at 63rd and troost at about 9:30AM.