Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Tue January 3, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Tuesday, January 3, 2012
- KCK Casino Plans To Open Next Month
- A Bloody Year In Kansas City
- Brownback Heads To Iowa To Support Perry
- K-State Preps For Cotton Bowl
KCK Casino Plans To Open Next Month
The Hollywood Casino at Kansas Speedway will open in one month if it receives final state approval. The Hollywood Casino will offer 2,000 slot machines and 52 table games, along with five restaurants. Read more here.
A Bloody Year In Kanas City
Kansas City police say an increase in multiple killings helped make 2011 the worst year for homicides in the city in three years. Police say the 114 homicides recorded in Kansas City last year included nine double homicides and two triple homicides – four times as many as the city recorded in multiple killings in 2010. Read more in the Kansas City Star.
Brownback Heads To Iowa To Support Perry
Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback is helping Texas Gov. Rick Perry in his final push to win the Iowa Republican caucuses. Brownback was an early supporter of Perry's presidential bid. He endorsed the conservative Republican after attending an August prayer rally in Houston hosted by the Texas governor. Read more here.
K-State Preps For Cotton Bowl
The Kansas State football team is in Texas this week, preparing for the Cotton Bowl against Arkansas. The Wildcats took the field at the home of the Dallas Cowboys for the first time Sunday. Both K-State and Arkansas are 10-and-2 this season.