Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon October 29, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: October 29, 2012
A date is set for a public hearing on Aetna’s purchase of Coventry Health Care. Bobwhite quail and other ground-dwelling birds benefit from this summer’s drought. That & more news from KCUR.
Campaigns Not Focusing On Farm Policy
When Congress recessed for the election season without passing a new farm bill, many observers thought farmers would demand explanations as campaign trails blazed through small towns. But despite its importance in farm country, the farm bill and farm policy are largely being overshadowed by other campaign issues. Read more here.
Public Hearing On Aetna Purchase Of Coventry
Kansans will get a chance to comment November 5th on insurance provider Aetna’s proposal to buy Coventry Health Care. Find out the details here.
Quail Benefit From Drought
While this summer’s drought and heat wave ravaged crops in Missouri, it actually benefitted some of the bird species within the state, especially bobwhite quail. Read more here.