Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Mon June 11, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Monday, June 11, 2012
Political candidates rush to get their names on the primary ballot in Kansas, and construction starts on Interstate 70 this week. It’s a daily digest of headlines from KCUR.
Candidates Rush To Topeka To Beat Deadline
It's likely to be a hectic day for Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach's office. Redistricting maps released last week by a federal court shook up the election. Today is the scheduled deadline for legislative candidates to file to run for office. Listen to the story here.
I-70 Construction Detours Start This Week
One of the heaviest traveled Kansas City interstate highway connections will close on Wednesday morning, June 13th, after rush hours. It will affect traffic moving westward from the East side suburbs such as Independence, Lees Summit and Blue Springs. See a map and find out more here.