Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Mon February 27, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Monday, February 27, 2012
A daily digest of headlines from KCUR:
Food Industry Courts Flexitarians, What’s Next in The Border War & more top headlines.
Food Industry Courts Flexitarians
Some vegetarian food is getting a makeover. It's being made to look, feel and taste more like meat. The industry is looking to latch on to a new group of eaters: “Flexitarians,” health conscious, mostly young consumers who are cutting back on meat in their diets. Some cut out almost all meat, others cut out just a little. Learn more here.
What’s Next in The Border War?
Two days after clinching at least a share of the Big 12 regular season title, the University of Kansas basketball team plays again Monday night at Oklahoma State. But after Saturday's epic battle between the Jayhawks and the Missouri Tigers, the prevailing question is "What's next?" Read more here.
Voter Registration Bill Hinges On Readiness
A bill that passed the House would move up a voter registration requirement to before this November's election. Senators say the bill's fate will depend on whether state officials are ready to put the law into effect. Find out more here.