Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Mon April 30, 2012
Top Of The Morning News: Monday, April 30, 2012
Rural brokers deal with fallout after a major derivatives broker collapses. Kansas Governor’s office is waiting to hear back from the federal government on plans to overhaul Medicaid. It’s a daily digest of headlines from KCUR.
MF Global Crisis Leaves Rural Brokers Stuck In The Middle
When futures trading firm MF Global went bankrupt at the end of October, regulators discovered $1.6 billion in customer funds missing, much of it belonging to Midwest farmers and ranchers. As the bankruptcy drags on and clients continue their efforts to claw back their funds, rural commodities brokers remain caught in the middle of uneasy markets and miles of red tape. Read more of the details here.
Brownback Administration Waiting For Federal Response On Medicaid Plan
Members of the Governor's administration are now waiting for a response from the federal government to a proposal to overhaul Medicaid. Governor Sam Brownback's plan would put Medicaid recipients into managed care programs run by private contractors. Find out more here.