Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Fri October 25, 2013
Three Prison Terms Added For Felon Priest
A Catholic priest serving a 50 year federal sentence on a Kansas City area child pornography conviction will absorb a new sentence while behind bars.
Reverend Shawn Ratigan pleaded guilty October 25 to state charges at Liberty, MO.
The burly and bearded Ratigan will serve three consecutive 7 year sentences on his admission he had obscene pictures of girls, some under the age of 12.
The priest took the photos during his tenure at churches and schools of the Kansas City- St. Joseph Diocese.
The sentences will not be added to the federal punishment.
Clay County Circuit Judge Larry Harman ordered the 48 year old Ratigan immediately back into custody to be returned to federal prison. Harman described the crimes as some of those that “shock the conscience.”
Ratigan would be nearly 100 years old if and when released.
Cops & Crime