Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- How One Sprint Employee Is Bracing For Expected Layoffs
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
Mon March 10, 2014
Tell KCUR: If You Dressed Up For Comicon, Which Sci-Fi Hero Would You Pick? Why?
Science fiction conventions can feel like an alien world for newcomers.
People can speak differently at them, often invoking insider references about their favorite shows and comics.
And it’s a world where die-hard fans dress differently.
For instance, this weekend’s Planet Comicon in Kansas City is expected to attract droves of costumed convention-goers, dressed up like their favorite protagonists and antagonists from sci-fi novels and cinema.
We’re not suggesting that you dress up in costume this weekend, but we are curious about Kansas City’s sci-fi favorites.
Do you see yourself donning the costume of a phaser-wielding Capt. Kirk? Or do you lean toward more forgiving outfits, like Jabba the Hutt or a trench-coat clad Doctor Who?
Tell KCUR: If you were going to dress up for Comicon, which sci-fi hero would you pick? Why?
Or, call us and leave a message at 816-235-2881.
We’ll share your stories Thursday.
Tell KCUR is part of an initiative to engage the community and shine a light on your experiences and opinions. We’ll ask a new question every week and then share your feedback on the air and online.