Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Contentious Views Dominate Female Bishop's Tenure
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
Tue January 28, 2014
Tell KCUR: Have You Ever Tried To Get Out Of A Speeding Ticket?
An effort to increase speed limits in Missouri has us curious about your history with speed in the Show-Me state.
Missouri could become more lead-foot friendly if a proposal to increase the maximum speed limit on rural interstates, from 70 to 75 mph, makes it through the Missouri Legislature this year.
The proposal out of the Missouri House of Representatives follows a similar move from Kansas, which boosted the speed limit to 75 mph on some of its highways in 2011.
While KCUR doesn’t advocate exceeding legal limits, we want to know about your speeding experiences under the current laws.
Tell KCUR: Have you ever tried to get out of a speeding ticket? What worked? What didn’t?
Leave us a voicemail at 816-235-2881.
We'll share your stories online and on the air on Thursday.
Tell KCUR is part of a new initiative to engage the community and shine a light on your experiences and opinions. We’ll ask a new question every week and then share your feedback on the air and online.
Up to Date