Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Tue March 16, 2010
Synthetic Marijuana Ban Moves Forward in Missouri House, Senate
Jefferson City, Mo. – The Missouri House gave initial approval Monday to a ban on a widely available chemical that attempts to mimic the effects of marijuana. The measure would ban synthetic compounds that are sprayed on dried herbs and flowers to give users a marijuana-like high.
House members rejected an amendment legalizing medical marijuana in the state. An amendment to require prescriptions for a decongestant used to make methamphetamine also was rejected.
On Tuesday, the Missouri Senate also gave initial approval to the ban. Possession of the compound would be a felony. Like the House, the Senate rejected amendments that would have legalized medical marijuana in the state.
The Senate and House still must give final approval to their bills before they each would advance to the other chamber.
Shots - Health Blog