Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Up to Date
Wed March 21, 2012
Supreme Court Takes Up Affordable Care Act
Thursday in the second portion of Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Families USA executive director Ron Pollack about how the justices rule could have immediate and far-reaching effects on not only health care but on constitutional law. Pollack, former law school dean, has argued and won two cases before the Supreme Court.
Ron Pollack is the Founding Executive Director of Families USA, the national organization for health care consumers.
Mr. Pollack is a frequent guest on a variety of television and radio programs, such as The PBS NewsHour, NBC’s Today show, ABC’s Good Morning America, all of the network nightly news programs, and NPR’s All Things Considered and Morning Edition. He is often quoted in such leading newspapers as The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, and The Los Angeles Times.
Mr. Pollack received his law degree from New York University where he was an Arthur Garfield Hays Civil Liberties Fellow. You'll find an extended biography here.