Most Active Stories
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Timeline: Same-Sex Marriage In Missouri And Kansas
- NPR, KCUR To Make Changes To Broadcast Clock
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
Thu August 14, 2014
Super-Fan SungWoo Lee Attends His Last Royals Game — For A While
SungWoo Lee, a devout Kansas City Royals fan who traveled to Kansas City from South Korea, attended the final game of his trip Wednesday night.
It has been a trip packed with good memories. SungWoo Lee met the Kansas City Royals players. He threw out the ceremonial first pitch Monday night, then flashed the big W after the win that enabled the Royals to move into first place in the American League Central.
As he wandered through the stands before the last game of his trip, fans who had heard or read about him wanted their pictures taken with him.
“People treated me so well,” said SungWoo Lee. “It’s kind of a lifetime memory for me.” SungWoo Lee is 38 years old.
He says it took him 20 years to finally reach Kansas City. Down the season’s stretch, he’ll closely monitor from abroad as the Royals push to the playoffs.