Most Active Stories
- Huffington Post Names Kansas City 'Coolest' City In America
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
Thu August 14, 2014
Super-Fan SungWoo Lee Attends His Last Royals Game — For A While
SungWoo Lee, a devout Kansas City Royals fan who traveled to Kansas City from South Korea, attended the final game of his trip Wednesday night.
It has been a trip packed with good memories. SungWoo Lee met the Kansas City Royals players. He threw out the ceremonial first pitch Monday night, then flashed the big W after the win that enabled the Royals to move into first place in the American League Central.
As he wandered through the stands before the last game of his trip, fans who had heard or read about him wanted their pictures taken with him.
“People treated me so well,” said SungWoo Lee. “It’s kind of a lifetime memory for me.” SungWoo Lee is 38 years old.
He says it took him 20 years to finally reach Kansas City. Down the season’s stretch, he’ll closely monitor from abroad as the Royals push to the playoffs.