Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue November 16, 2010
StoryCorps in KC: Mary and David Warm
Kansas City, MO – At StoryCorps recording booths across the country, friends and loved ones interview each other about their lives. Each Tuesday during Morning Edition, we'll bring you a story from the MobileBooth in Kansas City. Four years ago, NPR listeners everywhere fell in love with Mary Warm, a 15 year-old girl with Down syndrome, who wanted to show the world that she is just like everybody else. In her last StoryCorps interview, Mary asked her dad what his goals were, for her future. Today, we'll catch up with Mary and her father, find out what she's been up to, and see how those goals have taken a quantum leap!
StoryCorps MobileBooth was stationed at 63rd Street and Brookside Boulevard, September 9, 2010 to October 2, 2010. StoryCorps in Kansas City is sponsored by Mid-Continent Public Library.