Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed April 21, 2010
Start-Up Company Hopes To Build Legacy With Electric Vehicles
Kansas City, Mo. – Kansas City has a long and storied auto manufacturing footprint. Now, a start-up company is hoping to make its mark with battery-powered electric vehicles. KCUR's Bill Anderson recently spoke with Bryan Hansel, CEO of Smith Electric Vehicles, and asked, "Why short-haul delivery trucks? Why not cars?"
This topic was explored as part of "Shifting Gears: Retooling the U.S. Auto Industry," a documentary that aired on Sunday, April 18, on KCUR. The program included this report.
KCUR collaborated on this project with PRX and WDET, Detroit.