Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- St. Joseph School District Braces For Fallout In Wake Of Federal Investigation
- FBI And State Auditor Investigating St. Joseph School District
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- Meet The People Waiting In Line For The IKEA Opening
Up to Date
Tue June 24, 2014
Sprint And T-Mobile: How Corporate Mergers Work
When Sprint CEO Dan Hesse appeared on a recent episode, he didn’t say much about the anticipated merger of his company with T-Mobile. Since then, talk of a merger between the third and fourth largest US wireless companies hasn't diminished. And one of the companies is based right in our backyard.
On Tuesday's Up to Date we explore the process of corporate mergers and what this one might mean for Sprint's Overland Park campus.
- Malika Simmons teaches Securities Relations at UMKC and works closely with the Bloch School Institute of Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- Dr. Nathan Mauck is an assistant professor of finance at UMKC.