Most Active Stories
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed April 23, 2014
Spirit Airlines To Begin Service In Kansas City
Spirit Airlines announced Wednesday they will begin service in Kansas City beginning August 7.
The Florida-based airline will provide non-stop service from KCI Airport to Chicago O'Hare, Dallas/Fort Worth, Detroit and Las Vegas on August 7 and Houston beginning August 8.
“We look forward to help customers traveling to or from the Kansas City area to save money with our ultra-low fares and optional services for a total price that is tough to beat” said Mark Kopczak, Spirit’s Vice President of Network Planning in a release.
The flights will leave Kansas City in the afternoon or evening, with the exception of the Houston flight which will leave in the morning.
“Spirit Airlines’ decision to add Kansas City to its rapidly expanding network is a testament to the strength of this region,” said Mark VanLoh, Director of Aviation for the Kansas City Aviation Department.
Kansas City is the 56th city in the company's route network.