Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Wed February 4, 2009
Soprano Danielle de Niese in her American Recital Debut
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – The Australian-born 29-year-old, Danielle de Niese, grew up in Los Angeles and over the last decade, she's received acclaim for her musicality and acting skills, with portrayals of Cleopatra and most recently Euridice at the Metropolitan Opera in New York. de Niese told KCUR's Laura Spencer how she selects her roles.
The Harriman-Jewell series presented soprano Danielle de Niese in her American recital debut Wednesday, February 4, 2009.
Read the review of "Orfeo ed Euridice" (Danielle de Niese as Euridice and Stephanie Blythe as Orfeo) at the Metropolitan Opera here.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast