Most Active Stories
- What Would A Sprint, T-Mobile Merger Mean For Kansas City?
- Missouri Creates Unique Medical Classification: Assistant Physician
- Food Critics: Where To Find The Best Slice Of Pizza In Kansas City
- Food Critics: The Best Happy Hour In Kansas City
- Here's What You Need To Know About KCPS-Academie Lafayette Plan
Wed November 21, 2012
Some Air Travelers To Be Spared Indignity Of Pat Downs And Shoe Doffing
Crowd lovers have met their match at KCI, and for that matter any airport in the country today, the day before Thanksgiving.
The Kansas City Aviation Department expects more than 396 thousand to pass through the airport this Thanksgiving holiday.
No more, no less are expected than the holiday of last year.
What’s new is, the Transportation Security Administration has eased on some restrictions.
Joe McBride speaks for City Aviation, saying it’ll go easier on children under 12 who travel and people over 75, and--“this should reduce the need for a pat down for those types of travelers and even taking their shoes off.”
Mcbride said known travelers and air crew members also will get a security break.
Still, Mcbride suggests arriving 60 to 90 minutes before your flight is due to take off. He said updated flight information is available from flykci.com
Airport Police will be unforgiving when it comes to curbside parking.
Mcbride recommends travelers check electronically with their airline, printing electronic tickets at home long before hearing for the airport.