Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue October 15, 2013
Soldier Receives Medal Of Honor Today
Army Captain William Swenson will be presented with the nation’s highest military honor at the White House today.
When President Obama hangs the medal around his neck it will be the end of a rocky road.
Swenson is credited with risking his life to save fellow troops and recover bodies during a battle in Afghanistan in 2009.
Since then Captain Swenson has waged a bitter dispute with the military over the narrative of the battle, a fight which cast doubt on the exploits of Dakota Meyers, a Marine who has already received the Medal of Honor for what he did in that same battle.
- Washington Post: Former Army Capt. William Swenson to receive Medal of Honor at White House
- Washington Post: For Medal of Honor recipient Capt. William Swenson, a rocky path to the White House