Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Tue July 23, 2013
Seventh Try's The Charm For Hemingway Look-Alike
Originally published on Tue July 23, 2013 6:37 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
I mean, isn't it every white haired, husky, bearded man's ambition to look like Hemingway? Sure seemed that way at the annual Papa Hemingway Look-Alike Contest. The annual event was just held at Sloppy Joe's, a favorite Hemingway watering hole on Key West. The winner: software developer Stephen Terry. He beat out more than a hundred hopefuls, including the husband of chef Paula Deen. Those who didn't win, take heart, it was Terry's seventh try. Now that's one earnest effort.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.