Segment 1: Political implications of felony indictments against Gov. Eric Greitens.
The big news in Missouri government yesterday was an indictment against Gov. Eric Greitens, who admitted to an extra-marital affair in 2015, but refutes accusations that he took compromising photos of his paramour without her consent. We got reaction from state lawmakers and political watchers about how the charges might affect the governor's ability to lead.
- Missouri state Rep. Greg Razer (D-Kansas City)
- Missouri state Rep. Kevin Corlew (R-Kansas City)
- Robynn Kuhlmann, assistant professor of political science, University of Central Missouri
- KCUR's Brian Ellison, reporter and host, Statehouse Blend Missouri
Segment 2, beginning at 22:32: Reviews of the latest films showing now in Kansas City's indie theaters.
They helped us fill out the Best Picture section of our Oscar ballots, but what about the cinematic categories starring films that are less lengthy? Up To Date's Film Critics returned to give us the lowdown on the Oscar-nominated live action, animated, and documentary short films, and where you can catch them before the Academy's big night. If you're looking for other cinematic fare to accompany your popcorn this weekend, they've got you covered there, too.
- Cynthia Haines, film professor
- Steve Walker, veteran film critic