Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Thu November 7, 2013
See Which Missouri Legislators Took Gifts From Lobbyists
In partnership with NPR, St. Louis Public Radio has created a new website to keep track of all the gifts Missouri state lawmakers have been receiving from companies and organizations that have lobbyists at the capitol in Jefferson City. And, the information is searchable and downloadable.
For example, $1,865,960 has been spent by lobbyists on 20,681 gifts. The company that spent the most money on lobbying legislators was Ameren, an energy company, followed closely by the Missouri Hospital Association.
Here is a look at some of the data on Senators from the Kansas City, Mo. area:
- Democratic Sen. Jason Holsman from the 7th district has accepted 159 gifts, valued at $10,319.
- Democratic Sen. Kiki Curls from the 9th district has accepted 295 gifts, valued at $22,118. (The highest out of all 197 Missouri legislators.)
- Democratic Sen. Jolie Justus from the 10th district has accepted 112 gifts, valued at $4,111.
Here is a look at some of the data on House members from the Kansas City, Mo. area:
- Democratic Rep. Brandon Ellington from the 22nd district has accepted 153 gifts in the last 24 months, valued at $4,978.
- Democratic Rep. Randy Dunn from the 23rd district has accepted 38 gifts in the last 24 months, valued at $1,398.
- Democratic Rep. Judy Morgan from the 24th district has accepted 10 gifts, valued at $219.
- Democratic Rep. Jeremy LaFaver has accepted 77 gifts, valued at $1,955.
- Democratic Rep. Gail McCann Beatty from the 26th district has accepted 125 gifts, valued at $9,238.
- Democratic Rep. Bonnaye Mims from the 27th district has accepted 33 gifts, valued at $999.
- Democratic Rep. Tom McDonald from the 28th district in Independence, Mo. has accepted 69 gifts, valued at $2,247.
- Republican Rep. Noel Torpey from the 29th district in Independence, Mo. has accepted 256 gifts, valued at $10,487.