Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu April 2, 2009
Sebelius Hearing Set: Former HHS Secretary Reflects On Position
Kansas City, MO – Kansas Governor Kathleen Sebelius faces the Senate Finance Committee today for a hearing on her nomination as the nation's next Secretary of Health and Human Services.
KCUR's Elana Gordon recently caught up with Donna Shalala...the former HHS Secretary under the Clinton Administration and longtime colleague of Governor Sebelius. Shalala, who's now President of the University of Miami, says there are many challenges in store for the next secretary, but that it's one of the most rewarding jobs on Capitol Hill.
Funding for health care coverage on KCUR has been provided by the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City.
Download recent health stories or subscribe to the KCUR Health Podcast