Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Wed November 3, 2010
Russ Carnahan Wins Tight Race, Robin Carnahan Loses
By Adam Allington, St. Louis Public Radio
St. Louis, Missouri – One of Missouri's best known political families, the Carnahan's, accounted for one victory and one loss in yesterday's elections.
Russ Carnahan appears to have won a tight race to remain the 3rd District Congressman.
It was just before midnight when the final St. Louis City precincts reported their tallies and delivered a slim majority to Carnahan.
The 3-term Congressman trailed his challenger, Tea Party favorite Ed Martin for most of the evening.
As far as his new position serving in the minority in Congress, Carnahan said these kinds of swings come with the territory.
"These sorts of ups and downs are going to continue. The Democratic Party, I think, still has a very strong economic message on how to grow us out of this deepest and longest recession in a generation," says Carnahan.
With all precincts reporting Carnahan topped Martin by less than 5000 votes.
Martin's campaign has not conceded.