Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Cops & Crime
Mon May 14, 2012
Runner Shot, Killed, In Suburban Raytown
A Metro Major Case Squad has been called up in Raytown to look for the killer or killers of a weekend jogger. Investigators think it likely a random murder.
60-year-old Harry Stone was found an hour after Sunday sunrise, May 13th, lying near Blue Ridge and 67th Street. He died a short time later at a hospital.
A Metro Squad is deployed when the requesting agency needs a large number of investigators to speed tracking of any leads that develop, sometimes just doing the hard shoe-leather work of knocking on doors to ask for information that might lead to an arrest.
M Squad Detective-of-many-years Tom Prudden said there is video surveillance cam evidence of a four-door car, some dark color with two men in it nearby at time of the shooting. And Prudden said there was so little reason to kill, it could have been done on a dare.