Romantic Restaurants Of KC
With Valentine's Day approaching, the restaurant industry is gearing up to flirt with taste buds and create romance at the table. On the most romantic day of the year can create a lot of pressure to choose the right restaurant to enjoy a great meal with a loved one, so today on Central Standard Fridays, The Food Critics talk about the most romantic dining spots in Kansas City.
One tip from our critics about Valentine's Day dining is to spread out the holiday through the whole weekend. That way couples are not competing with the rest of the city to get reservations at the best romantic restaurants and staff are not rushing you out.
Today's Food Critics include Charles Ferruzza, Chris Becicka, and Lou Jane Temple.
Below are some of the critics suggestions and reviews of their favorite romantic places to eat:
- Savoy Grill (Lou): Elegant dining room with a lot of romantic booths. 9th & Central, Kansas City, Mo.
- Chaz on the Plaza (Charles): Formerly The Raphael. A comfortable and pleasant restaurant with booths and back rooms as well. There is live music and dancing and it all plays into a 1940s style. 325 Ward Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64112
- The American Restaurant (Chris): 200 E 25th St #400, Kansas City, MO 64108
- Pierpont's at Union Station (Chris): This Valentine's Day, you can eat at Pierpont's and afterward enjoy a screening of Casablanca in Union Station. 30 W. Pershing Rd. Kansas City, MO 64108.
- JJ's (Chris): 910 W 48th St, Kansas City, MO 64112
- Cozy's Cafe: For a special Valentine's Day dinner, Cozy's Cafe will bring in an accordion player to entertain guests. 6740 W. 75th St. Overland Park.
- The Rieger (Charles): A good romantic vibe and Charles knows a lot of couples who say the same and think it's a sexy restaurant. 1924 Main Street, Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Domo Sushi and Japanese Grill (Charles): A sexy sushi place in Brookside if you find sushi romantic. 6322 Brookside Plaza, Kansas City, MO, 64113.
Here are some of our listeners' favorite romantic places to eat around town, and the critics' reviews on these places:
- Rozzelle Court at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art (Mark in Liberty): Mark likes the ambience and food as well as the live music on the weekends. Charles says it doesn't seem too private. 4525 Oak St, Kansas City, MO 64111.
- EBT (Chris in Overland Park): Love the look of the restaurant and the food that has to be made right at the table. 1310 Carondelet Dr #100, Kansas City, MO 64114
- YJ's Snack Bar (Gerald in Waldo): Gerald likes that it is a very small place that is cozy and artsy, but the critics disagreed and said they didn't think it was very romantic. 128 W. 18th St., Kansas City, MO 64108.
- Louie's Wine Dive (Alan in Waldo): Charles think it is too noisy to be romantic.
7100 Wornall Road, Kansas City, Missouri 64114.
Ophelia's (Jim in Independence): Lots of booths and live piano music on the weekends. 201 North Main, Independence, Mo. 64050
Vivalore (Charles): 10815 Winner Road, Independence, MO 64052.
Tannin Wine Bar and Kitchen (Adam in Westport): Proposed to his wife here and had a great experience working with the staff and management. Food is fantastic and he loved the music. 1526 Walnut Street, Kansas City, MO.
Cafe Des Amis (Sheila in the Northland): Most romantic patio in Kansas City during nice weather. The food and decor is fabulous. 112 1/2 Main street, Parkville, Missouri.
Accurso's (Harrison on Twitter): Fun and sexy Italian restaurant. 4980 Main, Kansas City, Missouri.
Bella Napoli (Dylan in Lenexa):He likes the food and atmosphere and its location in Brookside so he can walk around after a meal. 6229 Brookside Boulevard, Kansas City, Mo 64111.
Le Frou Frog (Rachel on Twitter): Loves the romance of a French restaurant and always orders escargot. 400 E 5th St, Kansas City, MO 64106.