Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurants Within 250 Miles Of Kansas City
- St. Joseph Public School Administrator Returns As Stipend Scandal Continues
- Going To Kansas City: Finding More Room To Think, Literally
- What Kansas City's Guilty Pleasures Cost On Both Sides Of The State Line
- Brownback Won't Allow Marriage Rights To Gay Couples In Kansas
Mon October 11, 2010
Rev. Sam Mann Retires from St. Mark Union Church
Kansas City, MO – Two weeks ago, Rev. Sam Mann delivered his last official sermon after 40 years as pastor of Saint Mark Union Church. He's a long time civil rights advocate, who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and protested against the Vietnam War and South African apartheid over the years.
Over the years, Rev. Mann preached in and out of the church about poverty, education, race and violence; he's been kicked out of his fair share of pulpits. KCUR's Susan Wilson recently talked to Reverend Mann about his life and career on his front porch in Hyde Park.