Most Active Stories
- How The Royals Chose Between Two Of The Coolest Songs Ever
- Here Are The Prophetic Lyrics To Viral 'Royals' Parody Song
- The Story Behind The 'Royal' Newspaper Every Kansas Citian Will Save
- KU Hospital: Patient Admitted Monday At 'Low To Moderate Risk' Of Ebola
- How One Royals Fan Is Sprinkling A Little Magic On Kauffman Stadium
Mon October 11, 2010
Rev. Sam Mann Retires from St. Mark Union Church
Kansas City, MO – Two weeks ago, Rev. Sam Mann delivered his last official sermon after 40 years as pastor of Saint Mark Union Church. He's a long time civil rights advocate, who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and protested against the Vietnam War and South African apartheid over the years.
Over the years, Rev. Mann preached in and out of the church about poverty, education, race and violence; he's been kicked out of his fair share of pulpits. KCUR's Susan Wilson recently talked to Reverend Mann about his life and career on his front porch in Hyde Park.