Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon April 12, 2010
Representing Kansas in Poetry Recitation
April is poetry month, and at the end of the month, high school students from around the country will be competing in the National Poetry Out Loud competition, sponsored by the Poetry Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.
By Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – Representing Kansas will be Shawnee Mission North sophomore Casha Mills. She told KCUR's Sylvia Maria Gross about her passion for poetry, theater, and gave a taste of her reading.
At the National Poetry Out Loud recitation contest on April 27, 2010 in Washington, DC, Mills will be reading Walking Down Park by Nikki Giovanni, The Mother by Gwendolyn Brooks, and Sympathy by Paul Lawrence Dunbar.
Casha Mills also participates in the Young Playwright's Roundtable at the Coterie Theatre. Her play Blond Hair Blue-Eyed Blues was selected for the Young Playwright's Festival will be performed at the Coterie on April 28-29, 2010.