Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Fri July 16, 2010
Remembering Richard Harriman
The Harriman-Jewell Series has brought world-class classical music and dance to Kansas City for more than four decades. On Thursday, July 15, the tall, soft-spoken co-founder of that series died. Richard Harriman was 77.
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – The Harriman-Jewell Series of concerts built a national reputation, both as a launch pad for up and coming musicians, and as a place where world famous artists tried out new material.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast