Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon December 17, 2007
PsyOp Soldiers "Battle for Hearts and Minds" in Iraq
By Adam Allington
Ramadi, Iraq – Earlier this month, KWMU reporter Adam Allington traveled for two weeks with soldiers of the 10th Psychological Operations Battalion from St. Louis now on their third tour of Iraq. Since the war in Iraq began, the U.S. military has tried to establish peace by promoting a western system of democratic governance. But for many Iraqis, their history and the reality of their daily lives pushes them away from the systems the military wants them to adopt. As KWMU's Adam Allington reports, Psychological Operations specialists are the Army's front-line soldiers in the battle for hearts and minds.
Click here to link to Adam's other stories from Iraq, as well as additional photos and a blog.