Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 18, 2011
Printing the Future ... in 3-D
By Brenna Daldorph
KANSAS CITY, MO – As a designer, Michael Curry's most important tool is his printer. But Curry's printer is a little different: he can print items in 3-D. Hear how Curry's whimsical designs (Giant Lego men? A talking head model of Stephen Colbert?) and his use of a home 3-D printer might just change the way we manufacture goods.
KC Currents intern Brenna Daldorph caught up with Curry at Maker Faire, a recent festival at Union Station where Kansas City's artists, inventors and hobbyists emerged from the basement to share their quirky, and sometimes cutting edge, ideas
Kansas City's next Maker Faire event will be a mini Maker Faire held at Parkville's Riverfest between August 19-21.