Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Up to Date
Tue August 7, 2012
Political Pundits: Primary Results, November Predictions
For the first time, a Kansas Governor is actively campaigning against members of his own party. Governor Sam Brownback is hoping to replace moderate Republicans with more conservative members of his party.
And it worked. Conservative Republicans won big on Tuesday, and Wednesday on Up to Date, Steve Kraske welcomes the Political Pundits to review Tuesday's primary election results.
The Kansas City Star's Dave Helling, University of Kansas political scientist Burdett Loomis, and University of Missouri political scientist Peverill Squire to analyze results of Tuesday's contests, including U.S. Senator Claire McCaskill's fight against GOP nominee and U.S. Rep. Todd Akin, Missouri Governor Jay Nixon's competition with businessman Dave Spence, and the races for Missouri Secretary of State and Lieutenant Governor.
Up to Date