Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- New President And CEO For The National World War I Museum
Up to Date
Mon February 6, 2012
Point, Click, Love
"Love at first byte," some might say.
In the world of online dating, people can find a match they might not otherwise find within their community of friends and acquaintances. But they also might find the process to be tedious, horrific and downright disappointing.
Monday in the second half of Up to Date, Steve Kraske talks with Kansas City writer Molly Shapiro, author of the new novel Point, Click, Love, in which four women try to sort through the wild and complicated world of text messaging, status updates, and other high-speed connections.
Molly Shapiro appears this Saturday, February 11 at 2 p.m. at Barnes & Noble at Oak Park Mall.
Molly Shapiro is the author of Eternal City, winner of the Willa Cather Fiction Prize. She earned a bachelor’s degree from Brown and a master’s degree in creative writing from Columbia. She currently lives in Kansas City, Missouri, with her two children, Fanny and Harry.