Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- KCUR Announces New Host For Daily Talk Show 'Central Standard'
Wed March 17, 2010
Poet Ray Young Bear at Rockhurst University
Native American poet Ray Young Bear has been writing since he was a teenager on the Meskawki settlement in Iowa, translating poems from his native language into English. Poet and writer Sherman Alexie has said, "I am not exaggerating when I say that Ray Young Bear is the best poet in Indian Country."
By Dennis Conrow, Assistant Producer, New Letters on the Air
Kansas City, MO – In 1996, Young Bear was interviewed by Margaret Smith of New Letters on the Air and discussed how Meskawki culture feeds his creativity.
The Midwest Poets Series
presents Ray Young Bear
7 pm, Thursday, March 18, 2010
54th and Troost
Kansas City, MO
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast