Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon July 25, 2005
Podcasting on KCUR
Kansas City, MO – A podcast is an MP3 audio file that can be automatically downloaded to your computer and then transferred to an iPod or other MP3 player. KCUR is now offering podcasts of its daily local newcasts and of KCUR's local features.
To begin podcasting, you must first download the software. Here are a few links to places where you can get the podcasting software.
More on Podcasting
How to Start Podcasting
The basic requirements for podcasting are a computer, podcasting software and an Internet connection. To take your podcast with you, an iPod or any MP3 player is needed. To begin, download and install podcasting software onto your computer (PC or Mac). Though every application is different, there are generally directions to "add" a podcast feed (usually just as simple as copying and pasting the podcast URL, which are found below, into your podcasting application). The next time you "Check for New Podcasts", an MP3 of your selected KCUR program will be on your computer, and if you're set up for it, on your iPod or MP3 player as well. NOTE: KCUR's Podcast links (and FAQ) are listed in a section at the bottom of the "In the News" page.