Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Sun June 3, 2012
PHOTOS: What Kansas Looked Like Then And What It Looks Like Now
If you happen to stand in one spot in a Kansas town or city, did you ever wonder what things looked like 100+ years ago?
If so, “then and now” books are just the ticket. They are part of a genre that uses photos to contrast the past with the present in cities and states around the country.
Kansas City historian Monroe Dodd’s “Kansas Then and Now” is fourth in a series of books about the region; the other three were about Kansas City. Featuring historical scenes from Kansas plains and prairie, the photos take you back to when Kansas was a territory and to the late 20th century.
Follow along with the slideshow as KCUR's Susan B. Wilson talks to Monroe Dodd about their favorite photographs exploring Kansas' past and present.