Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Wed June 30, 2010
Paul Mesner Puppets Takes on Shakespeare
Since 1993, the Heart of America Shakespeare Festival has presented a free outdoor performance of the works of William Shakespeare, from the first year's production of "The Tempest" to this year's "King Richard III."
By Laura Spencer
Kansas City, MO – "King Richard III" is about a larger-than-life villain who seeks to be king at any price. It's considered Shakespeare's most popular history play and his second longest dramatic work (clocking in at nearly 3 hours). A short primer, only about 20 minutes, sets the scene each night, as KCUR's Laura Spencer reports.
Heart of America Shakespeare Festival presents
"King Richard III"
June 15 - July 3, 2010
8:00 pm nightly
Paul Mesner Puppets
6:30 and 7:15 p.m.
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast