Most Active Stories
- The Story Behind The Giant Fiberglass Penguin At Kansas City's Penguin Park
- The Types Of Things Lurking Underground In Kansas City's Caves
- Missouri’s E-Cigarette Veto Override May Lead To Showdown With FDA
- Kansas Seeks To Address Prison Guard ‘Correctional Fatigue’
- How One Sprint Employee Is Bracing For Expected Layoffs
Thu August 7, 2014
Parking Changes At Arrowhead Stadium Go Into Effect Thursday
There will be some changes in the Arrowhead Stadium parking areas Thursday night for the Kansas City Chiefs exhibition opener.
The Chiefs kick off at 7 p.m. against the Cincinnati Bengals, and fans entering the Truman Sports Complex at Gate 5 better have their parking pass ready — there will be no cash accepted at Gate 5.
Once inside the gates, fans will notice all the cars traveling in one counterclockwise direction. Chiefs president Mark Donovan said he is braced for fans who might have trouble adjusting to the changes, but asks for patience.
“This is a new system, so we’re asking for cooperation,” said Donovan. “We really do believe that if our fans give the system a chance, it will be a better system.”
Donovan added that it’s best to plan ahead for the best gate to enter if fans know where they prefer to park.