Most Active Stories
- Huffington Post Names Kansas City 'Coolest' City In America
- Food Critics: The Best Smoked Foods In Kansas City
- 7 Things To Kick Off Fall This Weekend In Kansas City
- Things You May Not Have Known About The Kansas-Missouri State Line
- At Twenty, Kansas City's 'Sky Stations' Are An Artist's 'Once-In-A-Lifetime' Project
Up To Date
Fri August 1, 2014
Panel Forum: Candidates For Johnson County, Kansas Commission Chair
Next week voters will cast their votes for Chair of the Johnson County Board of Commissioners— the highest elected office in the county. They’ll narrow the field from three candidates down to the two who will be on the November ballot. All three joined Friday's Up to Date for a candidate forum, their last before Tuesday’s election.
- Ed Eilert has been the board chair since 2010, before that he was a commissioner and was mayor of Overland Park.
- Patricia Lightner works in the office of the Kansas Securities Commissioner; she served three terms in the Kansas House of Representatives.
- Ed Peterson is another Johnson County Commissioner, has been since 2003, and was previously mayor of Fairway.
Up To Date