Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Food Critics: Best Sausage In And Around Kansas City
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
Mon June 20, 2011
'Outraged' About Teen Dating Violence
By Susan B. Wilson
Kansas City, MO – Dating violence among teenagers is a touchy and often overlooked subject. But a domestic violence shelter in Johnson County has developed a play to educate teenagers about the issue, and it's receiving some national attention.
KCUR's Susan Wilson paid a visit to student actors from Blue Valley Northwest High School to talk about the teen violence prevention program 'The Outrage.' She also caught up with Allison Basinger, Prevention Coordinator for Safehome, who wrote the script of the play the students perform.