Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon March 10, 2014
Only 12 Families Request Transfer From Kansas City Public School District
Only 12 families with a total of 23 students applied to be transferred out of the unaccredited Kansas City Public Schools at the district's expense, the Kansas City Star reports.
The number was reported by the district, which likely breathed a sigh of relief. Many had feared the ruling by the Missouri Supreme Court that upheld a law allowing students in KCPS to transfer to a neighboring public school district with accreditation would result in a mass exodus.
More than 2,000 students left two St. Louis area public school districts after transfers were offered for the 2013-2014 school year.
The Star reports some parents think KCPS are on the way to accreditation and chose to stick it out rather than drive longer distances to drop-off and pick-up their children.
Kansas City Public Schools