Most Active Stories
- Hobby Lobby Ruling A Win For Kansas City Construction Company
- The Story Behind Kansas City's House Of Cards
- Johnson County Ranked One Of The 'Easiest' Places To Live In U.S.
- Neighborhoods In Kansas City's Historic Northeast Move Beyond City Ordinance
- Missouri And Kansas Among Worst States For New Parents
Mon August 29, 2011
New Vision for KC Development
By Susan B. Wilson
Kansas City, Mo. – Last month, John Crawford stepped into a new role as interim CEO of the Economic Development Corporation, after a shake-up that ended with the departure of longtime head Jeff Kazmerek. The EDC is a non-profit organization started by Kansas City, Mo., about 25 years ago. It was created to help groups like the TIF commission and the Port Authority coordinate their efforts and encourage developments like the Power and Light district. Crawford, now at the hub of where all these organizations meet, is an urban planner with 15 years of experience working in Kansas City and describes this new opportunity as a "dream job." Susan Wilson talked to Crawford about his vision for economic development in a very uncertain economy.