Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Thu January 21, 2010
New Musical Based on Mark Twain's Coming of Age Memoir at the Coterie
The image of Mark Twain is so embedded in American culture that it's often forgotten that he was born Samuel Clemens and had an adventurous life prior to writing classic adventures.
By Steve Walker
Kansas City, MO – It is Clemens' early years that is the subject of Life on the Mississippi, a new musical at The Coterie Theatre that chronicles his time as a steamboat pilot, and how his later characters were inspired by people he met during his travels up and down the fabled river. KCUR's Steve Walker reports.
Mark Twain's Life on the Mississippi
January 26 - February 28, 2010
The Coterie Theatre
Download recent arts stories or subscribe to the KCUR Arts Podcast