Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Tue February 19, 2008
New Letters on the Air: Kevin Young
During the month of February, KCUR's Sunday morning program, New Letters on the Air is featuring writers who pay tribute to those who came before them. Kevin Young is an award-winning poet who was raised in Topeka and now teaches at Emory University in Atlanta.
By Angela Elam, host of New Letters on the Air
Kansas City, MO – Kevin Young's work ranges from blues-based love poems in his book Jelly Roll: A Blues to Blues Poems (Everyman's Library Pocket Poets). His newest book is called For The Confederate Dead (2007), which he talks about with New Letters on the Air host, Angela Elam.
To hear more of his interview with New Letters on the Air host Angela Elam, visit the New Letters on the Air website
To listen on your own schedule, subscribe to the New Letters on the Air Podcast.