Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Fri August 10, 2007
New Jazz with Lee Ingalls: Schneider, Ward, Mingus, Hornsby
Up to Date host Steve Kraske welcomes KCUR morning news anchor and Up to Date jazz critic Lee Ingalls for their regular discussion of the latest jazz. This time around, new releases from the Maria Schneider Jazz Orchestra, Kansas City's James Ward Band, Charles Mingus Septet with Eric Dolphy and Bruce Hornsby (with Christian McBride and Jack DeJohnette).
By Lee Ingalls
Kansas City, MO – New releases featured in this month's jazz update:
"Sky Blue," by The Maria Schneider Jazz Orchestra (ArtistShare)
"In Perspective," by Kansas City's The James Ward Band (GroovWard)
"Cornell 1964," a recently discovered recording of the Charles Mingus Septet with Eric
Dolphy (Blue Note)
"Camp Meeting," the first all-instrumental jazz album from Bruce Hornsby, featuring Christian McBride and Jack DeJohnette (Sony)
For more information on these selections and more of musings on jazz, check out Lee's blog, The New Low Down.