Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Thu July 19, 2007
New Jazz with Lee Ingalls: Gazarek, Cohen, Cox, Hiromi
Up to Date host Steve Kraske welcomes KCUR morning news anchor and Up to Date jazz critic Lee Ingalls for their regular discussion of the latest jazz. This segment features new music outstanding female jazz artists: Sarah Gazarek, Anat Cohen, Deborah Cox, and Hiromi.
Kansas City, MO – Note: this segment has been edited to comply with current music webcasting restrictions.
Up to Date host Steve Kraske welcomes KCUR morning news anchor and Up to Date jazz critic Lee Ingalls to play some new tunes. This segment features some up-and-coming "jazz ladies":
Vocalist Sarah Gazarek brings her lovely lilting-ness to her new release, "Return to You."
Anat Cohen, The Jazz Journalist Association's Clarinetist of the Year, featured here on The Waverly Seven's, "Yo, Bobby," a tribute to Bobby Darin.
Platinum-selling R&B vocalist Deborah Cox (pictured) crossing over to jazz with "Destination Moon," her tribute to Dinah Washington.
Keyboard phenom Hiromi Uehara, the brain and fingers behind "Hiromi's Sonicbloom."
For notes on these selections and more of musings on jazz, check out Lee's blog, The New Low Down.