Most Active Stories
- Food Critics: The Best Restaurant Ambiance In Kansas City
- St. Joseph School Board Fires Another Administrator, Demotes HR Director
- St. Joseph School Board Ousts Superintendent
- WATCH: Two Time-Lapse Videos That May Make Kansas City Lovers Cry
- Two Kansas City Metro Schools Moving To Year-Round Calendar
Wed November 20, 2013
New Documentary Claims Missionaries Are Exporting Anti-Homosexual Values To Africa
A new film, now playing in Kansas City, makes a startling case – that American evangelicals, in the name of doing mission work, have triggered something in Africa that’s very different from prayer and worship and medical help for the needy. Instead, the film suggests, they’ve influenced governments and societies to discriminate against gay and lesbian people … or worse.
On Wednesday's Central Standard, host Brian Ellison talks about the issue, with the director of God Loves Uganda and a representative of one of the American churches featured in the film: The Kansas City area’s own International House of Prayer. Are they preaching the gospel, or inciting violence and suffering?
- Jono Hall, Media Director for the International House of Prayer
- Roger Ross Williams, Director of God Loves Uganda