Most Active Stories
- The Fate And Future Of Wyandotte County's Sauer Castle
- The Coolest Rock Concert In Kansas City You Never Knew About
- Two Kansas City Area Schools Ranked In News Site's Top 25 List
- St. Joseph, Missouri School District's Legal And Political Troubles Mount
- Food Critics: The Best Fine Dining In Kansas City
Mon August 22, 2011
New Curfew Prompts Debate about Parenting, Violence
By Sylvia Maria Gross and Susan B. Wilson
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The city council took an aggressive step to try and stop large numbers of young people from congregating on the Plaza and other entertainment zones last week. The new weekend curfew appears to be working, at least if this weekend is any indication. But some people are concerned that the curfew is aimed more at protecting the Country Club Plaza than young people.
Hear from Mayor Sly James, Police Chief Jim Corwin, Police Commissioner Alvin Brooks, Reverend Sam Mann, former city council candidate Brandon Ellington, as well as young people on the Plaza.