Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- How You Get Out Of Speeding Tickets In Kansas City
- Marathon Jackson County Spelling Bee Finally Ends
Mon August 22, 2011
New Curfew Prompts Debate about Parenting, Violence
By Sylvia Maria Gross and Susan B. Wilson
KANSAS CITY, Mo. – The city council took an aggressive step to try and stop large numbers of young people from congregating on the Plaza and other entertainment zones last week. The new weekend curfew appears to be working, at least if this weekend is any indication. But some people are concerned that the curfew is aimed more at protecting the Country Club Plaza than young people.
Hear from Mayor Sly James, Police Chief Jim Corwin, Police Commissioner Alvin Brooks, Reverend Sam Mann, former city council candidate Brandon Ellington, as well as young people on the Plaza.