Most Active Stories
- New Lawsuit Alleges Racial Discrimination At Power And Light
- Marathon Spelling Bee Makes Celebrities Out Of Kansas City Area Spellers
- Kansas Supreme Court Rules School Funding Formula Unconstitutional
- Archeology Bolsters Background Of Historic Kansas City Homestead
- Finding Kansas City's Hidden Food Gems
Mon July 26, 2010
New Commemorative Negro Leagues Stamps Unveiled
The stamps honor the all-black baseball leagues once based in Kansas City.
By Dan Verbeck and Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – The postal service just unveiled a new series of stamps commemorating the African American baseball leagues that were once based in Kansas City. The new stamps were unveiled at the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in the 18th and Vine district. Some of the original players in the league were there, along with Thurgood Marshall, Jr. of the Postal Board of Governors. KCUR's Dan Verbeck captured the excitement of the event.