Most Active Stories
- Getting To Know Midtown's 'Running Superman'
- Collector And Gallerist Byron Cohen Dies At 72
- Liberty Hospital Announces Layoffs, Citing Pending 'Health Care Storm'
- 5 Things You Should Know About The Genetically Modified Food You’re Probably Eating
- Insight Into The Trials And Joys Of Transgender Relationships
Mon July 26, 2010
New Commemorative Negro Leagues Stamps Unveiled
The stamps honor the all-black baseball leagues once based in Kansas City.
By Dan Verbeck and Sylvia Maria Gross
Kansas City, MO – The postal service just unveiled a new series of stamps commemorating the African American baseball leagues that were once based in Kansas City. The new stamps were unveiled at the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum in the 18th and Vine district. Some of the original players in the league were there, along with Thurgood Marshall, Jr. of the Postal Board of Governors. KCUR's Dan Verbeck captured the excitement of the event.